Thursday, March 6, 2008

Give to NAMI so NAMI can give to us!

www.nami.org/namiwalks08/DAL/vft
If you read my little blog here, you know how important NAMI is to me and my family. It has provided us with the education and support we have needed in helping both of our kids dealing with bipolar disorder. Right now, with Caiti being in and out of the hospital and unstable and cycling rapidly, it is the support I get from NAMI members who I now consider wonderful friends who are getting my family through the day, hour by hour, sometimes.

Look at nami.org and see what all they offer. Read my blog and see the needs of families like ours, dealing with mental illness. Find your compassion and empathy and click on the link above and give. Even five dollars makes a difference on NAMI being able to provide books to classes for families. And realize that over 75% of NAMI’s efforts are provided by volunteers like my husband and I were and still are. Even though I now work for the state affiliate, I still donate additional time and resources to NAMI because I believe in what NAMI is and does.

Please give and know that you are helping thousands of others when you do. Click on the link above now.
Thank you.
Deb

No comments: